Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Tropicana

One definite connection with the past is the Tropicana night club. It is a wonderful show, a real extravaganza. The music is excellent and the dancers are superb. The night I went the crowd included tourists and Cubans. The night was beautiful, the tropical evening air refreshing. I recognize that the average Cuban today certainly can't afford the Tropicana, but then I can't afford tickets to The Producers on B'way either. Our second row Tropicana tickets were $75 each, and that included a bottle of rum, some Tropicola, and ice to sip during the show and a meal served during the intermission. Not a bad deal at all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have enjoyed your photographs of Cuba immensely and your comments. I do, however, have to disagree with your summery of the Tropicana. I found it to be an overated, badly produced tourist trap. There are better sights to see in Havana.