Thursday, March 02, 2006

Rosie

This is Rosie. She was across the street from the little boy below. She was much more animated, drinking her milk, and playing with this old bent piece of metal tubing. I met her Mom and her Dad. I took several pictures, and dropped by a few days later with some soap, Bic pens, pads, and a few Bic lighters. Rosie is more like the majority of the young kids, they do get their rations, but there is still a chronic shortage of food. I know some Moms who nurse their toddlers, in their minds it is more efficient for the mother to eat and the child to nurse. This seems to defy the law of conservation of matter and energy in my view, but I admit, I can see the logic in their thinking.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovely shot!
Her face looks so pround with milk. :-)