Friday, November 18, 2011

Che


Sunset at the Ministerio del Interior. This is one of the many places bedecked with an image of Ché. His image is facing the statue of José Marti across the Plaza de Revolucion. I had the good fortune to meet both Korda and Corrales while they were still active, but aging gracefully--like me, I might add. One of the highlights of my life was having Korda give a personal tour of a group of his photos that were up in a small gallery at the Fotateca during the big exhibition of Burt Glinn's work. Name dropping? You betcha! This is a completely un-retouched digital image and I like the golden warmth of the sunset. I have collected images of Ché while traveling. Clearly he is found mainly on tee shirts-France, Italy, Spain, and Mexico are places I have seen him.

No comments: